Tips for planning a wedding
Some tips for planning your wedding. These tips are rather eclectic in nature and are meant to help add some sun and enjoyment to your special day.
- Plan a party, not a wedding.
- Don’t let others dictate your wedding.
- ‘Smell the roses” plan in some buffer time in the day to take breather – after ceremony, before reception.
- Get a dress you can walk in.
- Make family photos easy – have a list – give the list to the photographer – enlist a helper to gather the family.
- Get your photographer to help with a timeline for the day.
- Keep kids happy – have games, colouring-in table-cloth – something with novelty for them to enjoy.
- It might rain – don’t worry.
- First dance can be scary – have a plan for immediately after the dance – have the bridal party to rush the dance floor and rev things up with some great dance tracks to get everyone’s boogie on.
- After first dance, don’t schedule a formality eg: dessert, speech, cake cutting – everyone will be dancing. Keep the energy in the atmosphere.
- Bring your pet! Dress up your dog. Great for fun photos.
- Write your own vows.